Plaza Real Estate is Committed to the Protection of Information, Especially Personal Information Including Ours and Yours.
As always we respect and continue to respect your privacy.
We adhere to the Privacy Act 1988 of Australia.
Our Privacy Statement is designed to answer your questions on how we collect, protect, use and share this information.
Our site is primarily aimed for use in Australia, particularly South Australia where we operate.
So, Wherever you are from ‘Welcome to Our Site’.
If you are visiting our site from other parts of the world, the information you find here may not directly apply to your country, so, please check.
How Do We Collect and Where Do We Keep Personal Information?
Personal information (or “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”) is information and data that can be used to specifically identify or contact a single person.
Examples of some types of personal information Plaza Real Estate may collect in connection with the Sites and how we may use it include the following:
- From Vendors also called Principals and from future sellers
- Property Investors, Developers, Builders and Landlords
- From Tenancy applications
- Open inspection attendees
- From Prospective purchasers, current and future investors
- Via Websites, SMS, Email, Social Media including Facebook and others
- From Email enquiries, Text info enquiries and Landing or Lead pages and so on
- When you sell or purchase property or resources, register, or use resources, products, or services, request support, download a resource, register for a webinar, live workshop, or training, provide feedback on a product, or participate in a promotion, contest or online survey, or respond to an advertisement, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and/or social media credentials.
These details are protected in our marketing database to keep you fully informed of developments as they occur as well as providing relevant, updated and timely Real Estate advice.
Information That is Gathered from Visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
Plaza Real Estate may collect information in a number of ways from users who access our Sites or services. We collect personal and non-personal information in various ways.
You may provide your information to us to receive a product, resource, service, or communication from us; we may request your information to better serve you or we may require your information in order to be able complete a transaction (e.g. a property purchase).
How Do We Use or Share Personal Information?
- To act as an agent and perform our obligations as an agent
- For security purposes
- To verify applicants identity, to process and evaluate an application
- To promote our services and/ or seek potential clients
- To provide further details of any property you may be interested in
- To provide details of other property which may meet your requirements
- If we are required to do so by law
- You have consented to the use or given permission
- To keep you informed on the state of the market
- To keep you informed of new projects
- If the information is not provided, we may not be able to assist you correctly
- Optional Communications: The personal information we collect allows us to provide you with Plaza Real Estate’s latest product announcements, helpful tips and information, special offers, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to receive these communications, or do not wish to be on our mailing list, you can opt out of receiving them. Each communication will provide opt-out directions
- The information in connection with these optional communications and your responses help us to improve our products, services, content, and advertising
- We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, improve, and customize our resources, software, products, services, content, and advertising and to provide a better user experience for every user of our software, products, and services
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Plaza Real Estate’s software, products, services, communications, support and/or help functions, and user interfaces
- If you enter into a promotion such as a contest, a giveaway, a one-time or special offer, or similar promotion, we may use the information you provide to administer those programs
- If we become involved in a legal process as a result of your actions in a Transaction or on the Sites, or in connection with any transaction, resources, products, or services offered via the Sites, we may be required to disclose your PII or PIFI to a government authority, or a third party who e.g., issues a legal notice that require us to provide it. Our response(s) to any such legal process will be handled on a case-by-case basis following the advice of our solicitors
The information is used to enhance the visitors’ experience when using the website to display personalized content and possibly advertising.
E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
Text or Voicemail or other contact methods may be made to further assist you in your property or real estate needs.
Other than in circumstances required or allowed under the act, we do NOT disclose information to other parties unless requested by you to do so.
As one of our vendors, purchasers or investors:
We may disclose information to other third parties including conveyancers, solicitors, financiers, media organisations, on the Internet, to potential buyers, tenants and/ or clients of the agent as well as to parties engaged to evaluate the property, owners’ corporations, tradespeople, government and statutory bodies and financial institutions.
This is only as it is required in each circumstance.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
How We Collect and Use Your Non-personal Information
We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect non-personal information (e.g. demographic information) regarding our users collectively including information such as age, gender, occupation, preferred language, postcode, area code, geographic location, or the time zone from which users access the Sites, products, or services. Such non-personal information is used so that we can better understand who our users are, and their behaviour generally with regards the Sites, and to improve our resources, products, services, communications, support, help, user experiences, and advertising for our customers.
- We also may collect non-personal information regarding user activities on the Sites or use of the Plaza Real Estate resources, products, and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Sites, or our software, products, and services are of most interest or which can be improved. Non-personal support or help request data may be used to improve our software or the Sites, communications, and user interfaces, or to allow us to provide additional resources, product or service offerings to our present or future customers.
- We may collect non-personal information regarding the digital footprints of our customers with respect to accessing the Sites, or any related software, products, or services including mobile and non-mobile access, specific types of devices being used, unique device IDs, type of browser(s) being used, networks that our users use, and other non-personal information. This information may be used to improve the Sites, software, resources, products, or services including but not limited to their performance, functionality, design, or responsiveness.
We are here to help you.
If you have subscribed to one of our services directly or via Facebook or other media, we will ensure the information you requested is delivered to you in a timely manner.
Should at any time you require additional information, you are welcome to contact us by phone, email, text, chat, Messenger, Skype or however you like.
Just let us know what you need.
You may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. They also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
Plaza Real Estate also uses specific technologies in connection with certain communications such as emails that may be used to track actions by recipients. For example, these communications may include one or more clickable text or graphics that include URLs that link to content on the Sites. However, these URLs may pass through a web server that tracks the click before arriving at the linked content on the Sites. The tracked data can help Plaza Real Estate determine the effectiveness of our communications to users and customers, or to gauge interest in specific topics. If you prefer not to have your responses to such communications tracked in this manner, do not click links in the email messages. Such communications may also include pixel tags that can tell us whether e.g. an email has been opened.
Cookies and other technologies can generally be controlled on your devices. If you want to disable cookies and you should review your privacy or security settings. Please note that certain features of the Sites or related software, products, or services may not be available if you have cookies disabled on your device. We will typically try to warn you that a page or feature you are trying to reach will not function without cookies enabled. If you have your cookies on your device or browser disabled and are having difficulties you may wish to enable them to see if the problem is resolved.
Links to other sites may also use their own cookies (e.g. on their own sites). Plaza Real Estate does not control any third party’s use of such cookies and we expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected by or through them.
As part of standard protocols, Plaza Real Estate’s servers automatically gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include date/time stamp of access, Internet Protocol (IP) address(es), device type, operating system, browser and version, language, log-in details, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring page, exit page, and other data.
Plaza Real Estate may collect certain information from you if you interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Snapchat, Instagram, and other such services. For example, you may be given the option to register for webinars, take advantage of special offers, receive mailings, newsletters or the like, via your social media account. The information we receive or collect from such social media, and our ability to collect it, may depend on the social media site, its policies, and its requirements or its technology. We may collect the information you provide from these social media interactions and may use it for various purposes to improve our services or your experience or to contact you regarding the reason you connected with us or with additional offers in the future. Of course, you have the opportunity to opt-out at any time provided we do not require a means of contacting you to fulfil your request.
Public Areas & Social Media
Any information you disclose in any public areas of our website or the Internet at large, including via social media becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The information and materials posted on our websites, as informative as they are, are still for general information and assistance only. They are not intended as legal or financial advice and should not be relied upon in this manner.
We recommend you seek independent advice on professional Real Estate, Legal, Financial or Insurance Agents prior to making decisions regards your individual circumstances.
You are certainly welcome to contact us, for professional real estate and property related services.
How Can You Access, Correct or Update the Information You Have Provided Us?
The information you provide to us is kept secure and only accessed by persons authorised by us.
You can request access to any personal information we have for you.
If required we can arrange to give you access to the information that you provide to us and allow you to change details that are inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
We will make a good faith effort to provide you with access to reasonably accessible information. You can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete your personal data.
Plaza Real Estate will comply with such requests if they are reasonable and we will delete your data if Plaza Real Estate is not required to retain it by law, and does not require it for legitimate business purposes.
We may reserve the right to refuse deletion requests that we believe require undue time, or technical effort, or were not provided by local law. Requests for access, correction, or deletion can be submitted to [email protected]
The Privacy Act 1988 was updated to essentially stop the ‘Big Brother’ situation where larger organisations would be able to keep tabs on individuals.
Our aim is simply to continue to provide our best level of Real Estate Services to you and would welcome your call at any time.
Personal Information Protection
Plaza Real Estate uses commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and/or agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
You are solely responsible for any personal information you choose to submit on non-secure sites including but not limited any discussion forums or public comment threads on the Sites, or any social media sites, groups, or threads related to the Sites or the related resources, products, or services.
Questions or Concerns?
As a first step, we will always sincerely endeavour to thoroughly investigate and expeditiously resolve any concerns you may have. You can contact our privacy compliance staff at the following addresses (email and regular mail):
Plaza Real Estate,
10 Kimberley Avenue,
Modbury North SA 5092
You are most welcome to contact us…
Got property related questions, comments or feedback? Email [email protected]
To find out more, you’re welcome to call 08 83961100 to arrange a chat with people that care.
Alternatively, Book a Free Consultation or Get Your Home Value Here. We’ll Guide You Home!
Feel free to browse the rest of our Blog for more tips tricks and helpful info you can use.
Not sure of some of the terms & meanings used? Check our comprehensive Glossary, Abbreviations and FAQ’s!
P.S. If you are part of a Club, Group, School or Organisation and need someone to ‘Speak about Real Estate & Property’, You’re Welcome to ask or Click Here. For Sponsorship, Click Here.
Want to read in Another Language? Go to our Home page & Scroll to the bottom and choose Translation.
Want Proof of our ability? Check Client References.
Your Home SOLD in 90 Days or Less or We SELL it for FREE!
Our FEES are Less than Your First Price Reduction with the Wrong Agent.
Thanks for reading…
What else would YOU like to know about? What would make a great story?
Do you have any specific questions or advice on buying, selling, renting or investing? Real Estate trends? Local, interstate international? Info on the buying or selling process? How to sell or buy? What NOT to do?
What can you TELL us about?
Your neighbourhood – What do you love? Shops, Parks for families, pets, to relax? Restaurants, pubs, hotels, places to go, things to do? Anything else at all? Share Your Own Real Estate, Property, Wisdom & Experiences… The Good, The Bad or The Ugly? What have you learned that other people should know?
Know someone who needs help?
You can REFER them here.
Whatever Topic or Suggestion you have… email us at [email protected] or call 08 83961100. We’d love to hear about your ideas.
Like most things in life, these are recommendations only. It is not legal advice, it may or may not suit your own circumstances and you may need to make your own additional enquiries.
Regards Eriks & Team Plaza Real Estate